I'm not always the best at asking for help. And honestly, a lot of the reason is because I don't think someone would want to contribute their time and energy towards my ideas.
But I'm slowly in the process of learning my ideas are valuable because I'm valuable and I have people in my life who see me as so and want to help me make my dreams come true.
That's what I experienced last Tuesday at our True Stories event. From start to finish, friends came alongside me to contribute their gifts and help make it happen.
I'd be remiss not to give a shoutout to each of them:
- Constance Egli, thank you for putting hours upon hours into creating our beautiful stage design.
- Jeremy Worley + Adam Morley, thank you for allowing Welcome Fellow to serve as the venue for True Stories.
- Zach Horvath, big thanks to you and LIVE A GREAT STORY for believing in my vision.
- Corrie Egli, thank you for providing constant encouragement and bringing lots of students.
- Luis Acosta + Ryan Pinkerton, thank you for coming early to help set up. I couldn't have done it without you.
- Copper Kettle Coffee, thank you for serving up lots of delicious drinks.
- Beza Woche, thank you for courageously sharing your story through poetry.
- Aaron Noble Brown, you are so gifted. Thanks for sharing your gift of music with us.
- Behr Boswell + Tory Jarocki, thank you for capturing the night through pictures and videos.
- Vinnie Snyder, Gracie Packard + Neil Brown, thank you for boldly sharing your stories.
Then, to everyone who came, thank you for trusting us with your time and leaning in throughout the night. It takes a village, and I'm blessed to be a part of such a supportive one.
Our next True Stories event is scheduled for 6 PM on Tuesday, March 9, at Welcome Fellow in Colorado Springs. More info coming soon!